This role will be accountable for rebuilding, overhauling, inspecting, diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing problems on all industrial and facility related equipment. Position will support assigned shift but must also having willingness to work flexible hours when business needs dictate.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair problems on all industrial production and facility related equipment.
- Ability to read, understand and troubleshoot equipment using schematics, prints, and electrical diagrams.
- Perform PM inspections on all industrial production and building related equipment.
- Records repairs, preventative maintenance tasks, work orders and other related tasks.
- Rebuilds, overhauls, and repairs automated CNC machine tools, aligns and makes precision adjustments to insure accurate machine operation.
- Hazardous waste disposal, with proper training and equipment.
- Execute general maintenance work orders.
- Work directly with, and provide support to outside contractor resources.
- Participate in and support Kaizen and continuous improvement activities.
- Performs housekeeping and 5S to keep the department clean, same and well organized.
- Research and develop procedures and generate documentation when faced with new equipment installations or unique events that requires use of appropriate hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical troubleshooting skills.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school education or equivalent.
- 5 years of experience with Industrial Automated Systems Maintenance, Metal Fabrication Equipment Maintenance, Equipment Repair and Maintenance.
- 2-year technical school degree from an accredited school with a certificate in one of the following trades: Industrial Maintenance, Automated Industrial Systems, Industrial pneumatic/electronic controls, HVAC, plumbing, electricity, welding, fluid power, or mechanics.
- 3 years of experience with Industrial Automated Systems Maintenance, Metal Fabrication Equipment Maintenance, Equipment Repair and Maintenance.
- Successfully completed formal training on automated equipment and/or facilities related tools and automated equipment (CNC lathes and mills)
- If deemed necessary, must obtain a Special Engineer State of Minnesota Low Pressure Boiler License.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Experience and general understanding of Lean principles in a maintenance setting.
- Tennant is willing to train internal candidate who possesses related skill sets and is willing to seek external training.