ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact with customers to obtain information about the problems they’re experiencing with item to be repaired.
- Examine various systems within repair item to diagnose problems.
- Run computerized diagnostic tests on malfunctioning components to assess needed repairs
- Remove parts that are worn or not operating properly and replace them with new or used parts.
- Perform routine maintenance like oil, filter, and belt changes according to schedules established by various manufacturers.
- Explain repairs to customers and provide estimates for unanticipated repairs
- Pitch available products, optional repairs or preventative maintenance to customers.
- Complete work orders and keep detailed records on all work performed.
- Maintain and clean shop and storefront as needed
- Other duties as assigned
CORE KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to execute, prioritize and meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to drive processes, improve operational performance and achieve results
- Proven technical skills
- Excellent math and communications skills, both written and verbal, and possesses the ability to persuade
- Ability to effectively interact and build relationships with a diverse customer population
- Ability to market and sell the company’s value and services to current and potential customers
- Demonstrates success in the repair of automotive, farm and other equipment.
- Advanced problem-solving skills with the ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and act accordingly.
- 3 years related experience; technical degree or training preferred
- Valid driver’s license.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and/or hear for long periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds and occasionally more than 50 pounds.